Puran Poli is a customary Maharashtrian sweet dish which is extraordinarily ready on the event of celebrations. Puran Poli is ready by utilizing different recipes which changes as per locale. How much stuffing of Puran during arrangement of PuranPoli additionally differs as per locale. The different major and minor fixings are utilized for the readiness of PuranPoli like Bengal gram, sugar and jaggery as a significant and cardamom, nutmeg, fennel as a minor fixings. The fixings which are utilized in the arrangement of PuranPoli contains high dietary benefit, for example, protein, sugar, fat and so on. The delightful Puran Poli has even reached across to seven oceans. Puran Poli gives so many medical advantages due to utilizing different fixings. The different investigates are completed on the investigation of Puran Poli for its time span of usability, organoleptic properties, and healthy benefit. The different trend setting innovations are likewise utilized during investigation of PuranPoli, for example, radio recurrence warming innovation or radio recurrence drying out techniques, warm handling, frozen strategies and so on. This survey addresses the detail data about PuranPoli which incorporates the strategies and fixings utilized in readiness of Puran Poli, provincial variety, healthy benefit and medical advantages. This survey paper attempts to explore writing accessible in regards to Puran Poli alongside specialized headway and element scope
Puran Poli Recipe
For the Stuffing
1 cup toovar dal (arhar)
1 cup sugar
a couple of strands of saffron
1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder (elaichi)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder (jaiphal)
a squeeze mace powder (javantri)
2 tablespoons ghee
For the dough
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 2 tablespoons oil
For the serving
For the filling
- Wash and pressure cook the dal in 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Drain any excess water and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the dal and sugar and cook till the mixture thickens, stirring continuously.
- Dissolve the saffron in a little water by rubbing.
- Add the cardamom and nutmeg powders, mace powder, saffron liquid and mix well.
- Cool, divide into 12 to 15 portions and keep aside.
For the dough
- Combine the flour and oil and knead into a soft dough using water.
- Divide into 12 to 15 portions and keep aside.
Step by step instructions to continue
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3″) diameter circle.
- Place a portion of the filling mixture and fold the edges of the dough over the filling.
- Pinch the edges together to seal the filling in.
- Flatten the dough and roll again into a 100 mm. (4″) diameter circle.
- Cook on a tava over a medium flame till golden brown in colour on both sides.
- Repeat for the remaining dough and filling.
- Smear with ghee and serve hot.