Chilli potato is a delicious starter from Indian Chinese cuisine which served as a snack. This recipe will give you a restaurant-style crispy chilli potato in spicy sauces. The best part of it that you can increase or decrease the number of sauces so you can have a less spicy or more spicy version of the same recipe . This crispy and flavourful recipe can be enjoyed on any occasion. You can plan a party with spring roll and Hakka noodles with this crispy chilli potato. Fry the potato strips untill turns crispy and cook in gravy made with sweet tangy and hot sauces.
Follow our recipe to make it at home with step-by-step photos and prepare this delight with your loved ones. When I was working in Noida there was a Chinese food van. In break time we used to enjoy this delicious crispy recipe one day I had word with that chef and I asked for the complete recipe of it. In the beginning, to be very honest chilli potato was not that crunchy and crispy. Again I approached him and shared my experience that time I got to know that I missed two coating steps. It was a very important step first we do Dry coating than Wet coating. Further, I got to know about flash fry. Firstly we fry our potatoes on low flame for 5-6 minutes than again on high flame we fry them again for 1-2 minute this is we call flash fry.
Although preparing chilli potato is a very easy dish however these little points make it more delicious and crunchy. Hope you will like it. If you want you can use rice flour instead of cornflour. If you have any experience with Chilli potato do share with us and leave your comment. You can find more tea-time snacks.
So let’s prepare this delicious and amazing Indo-Chinese recipe.
Chilli Potato | Crispy Restaurant Style |Course: Tea Time SnacksCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Medium
Not only market or Restaurant , Chilli potato can be available at home as well. Let’s prepare this super delicious recipe.
1 cup All purpose flour
1 cup Corn flour or Rice flour
Salt to taste
2 tbsp chilli sauce
2 tbsp Tomato sauce
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Capsicum diced
1 onion diced
4-5 finely chopped Garlic
Oil as needed
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Wash and peel potato and cut into half inches slices each stick is about half and half inches slices or in finger fries shape.
- In a pan boil water and add 1tbsp salt and add potato for 5 minutes to remove extra starch and drain off the potato.
- In a bowl add 2 tbsp corn flour, 2 tbsp all-purpose flour in potato ( for first coating)
- In another bowl add all-purpose flour, cornflour, salt to taste and make a thick batter with adding required water.( For second coating)
- Now add the first coated aloo in the thick batter for the second coating.
- Heat oil in a kadhai deep fry coated potatoes until golden on medium flame.
- Fry again for flash fry this will give more crispiness and good texture.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a kadhai add finely chopped garlic, sesame seeds, chopped onion, chopped capsicum mix well, and saute for 1-2 minutes on low flame.
- Now add soy sauce, red chilly sauce, tomato ketchup on high flame.
- Add little water and Salt to taste.
- In a bowl add 1 tbsp of corn flour and 3 tbsp of water and make a paste add in kadhai to make a thick paste until it turn glossy.
- Turn off the flame, Add fried potato toss well till the sauce coat the potatoes.
- Serve hot topped with sesame.
- You can add rice flour instead of cornflour to make them more crispy.
- For more crispy double fry the potatoes.
- For honey chilli potato add honey in last after turning off the flame.
- Serve it immediately else it turns soggy.