Dahi Bhalla is India’s Famous Street food one can find it everywhere on India’s Street. Dahi Means “Curd/Yogurt” and Bhalla stands for Deep-fried fritters. This is a dish which can be prepared easily with some spices at home. If we talk about its nutrition value so you can surely understand here we are using some Urad/Moong Dal which has very good nutrients value. Dahi Bhalla has a mouth-melting texture. Garnish it with red chilli powder, Cumin powder sweet chutney, a creamy layer of curd and coriander gives it a good tempering. Various spices & chat masala add flavor and make it more tasty and super delicious. Urad dal vada is the most smooth and soft snack before being dipped in curd I have dipped it in hot water so it gets soft immediately also remove excess oil so dipped it in hot water then soaking and serving it with creamy curd will be an ideal trick for Dahi Bhalla recipe. Many people garnish it with pomegranate seeds which actually gives it nice red amazing color and boosts up its nutrients value however some don’t use it. It’s completely optional.
In India usually, people prepare it on special occasions like Eid, Holi, Diwali, and enjoy this amazing snack. If we talk about the recipe part this is not so tough or too much time taking one can prepare it easily. Indian street foods are incomplete without this Dahi Bhalla dish although we have more options like Aloo Tikki, Gol Gappe, Aloo Chat but Dahi Bhalla is carrying a special place in Indian Street Food it’s like charry on top.
You can find more Tea time snacks videos here. So without any further delay let’s start this delicious recipe.
Dahi Bhalla India’s famous Street FoodCourse: SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
You can find Dahi Bhalla on India’s street and it’s very easy to prepare we hope you’ll like it. So let’s start it.
Urad Dal/Mung Dal
Green Coriander chutney
Salt as per Taste
- Rinse 1 Cup urad or 1 cup mung dal in the water couple of times and soak overnight or for at least 4-5 hours
- Add the lentils to the grinder jar add chopped ginger and 1 pinch asafoetida and grind all the ingredients in a smooth batter.
- Take the ground batter in a bowl.
- Stir the batter briskly for a couple of minutes.
- Test the batter consistency by floating test. Take some water in a bowl add ½ Tbsp batter in the water if the batter floats it means consistency is perfect for Dahi Bhalla.
- Add finely chopped green coriander and 3-4 finely chopped green chilli. Mix it well.
- Heat oil in a kadhai. When the oil becomes medium hot add a small amount of batter in the oil. It should come quickly on the surface. After this start frying.
- Take 2 Cup water lukewarm water in a bowl add 1 Tbsp of Salt adds the Vada in the water.
- Soak Them for 20-25 minutes.
- Take the Vada on your palm and remove excess water and gently place the Vada in smooth curd.
- Place 4-5 Dahi Vada on a plate then add green chutney, Tamarind Chutney, Red Chilli, Roaster Jeera, Chat Masala, and Salt as per your taste.
- It’s ready to enjoy.