Gulab Jamun is an important dessert in Indian sweets. Birthday, Marriage ceremonies, and festivities are incomplete without this delicious delight. It’s a popular Indian dessert made up of fried dough balls. Gulab Jamun is soaked in a sweet sticky syrup. Gulab Jamun Recipe is not tough it is very easy to prepare.
History of Gulab Jamun
History reveals some interesting facts about the origins of gulab jamun. It came to India from Persia or modern-day Iran with Muslim sultans and Badshah and the actual mean of gulab jamun is two Persian words Gul from flower and ab water.
Making of gulab jamun
It’s a traditional dessert. It’s prepared with Milk Paneer and All-purpose flour and kneads the dough then formed into small balls and deep-fry these balls. Later dip into sugar syrup which is flavored with green cardamom, Rosewater, and saffron. You can learn the exact Halwai Style Gulab Jamun Recipe with this Article.
Crakes on Gulab Jamun while frying
Making it very tricky sometimes your dough may come out hard or sticky sometimes the key step is adding milk little by little another key is frying. While frying oil should not be too hot or cold it should be at medium temperature. Kneading the dough is also important dough should be soft and spongy so don’t skip the kneading step.
If you fry on high heat Gulab Jamun will not be cooked from inside and turns hard. Best to heat ghee or oil at medium flame heat for 5 minutes then low heat then drop the balls.
How to fix hard Gulab Jamun
Due to lack of moisture in the mixture or overcooking your Gulab Jamun becomes hard so add little milk in the mixture and always fry the balls on medium flame till they turn light brown. Let them cool and fry again on full flame take them out and let them cool before soaking in sugar syrup.
Breaking in oil
Due to too much moisture or very low temperature while frying if you cook gulab jamun on high flame they become hard and If you add too much soda will make gulab jamun too soft and they will break apart while frying fix it by adding all-purpose flour in the dough and knead it well.
Making the syrup
The syrup should be thin it should not too thick. If it’s thick then Jamun will not absorb the syrup if it’s too thin then Jamun will be apart so it should be oily in consistency.
So let’s start Gulab Jamun Recipe without any delay.
Recipe you may like :-
Halwai Style Gulab Jamun RecipeCourse: DessertCuisine: India and Medieval IranDifficulty: Medium
Gulab Jamun is one of the best desserts. It is very easy to prepare.
Grated Paneer 150 gm
Maida /all-purpose flour ½ cup
Sugar 3 cup
Water 1 cup
Cardamom powder 1 Tbsp
- Boil sugar and water to prepare the syrup.
- Add cardamom powder and saffron for the fragrance you can also add rose water.
- In a mixing bowl put the khoya, paneer, and maida mix gently to make a soft dough.
- Divide the mixture into 15-18 portions and gently roll in round gulab jamun.
- Fry in the medium flame till golden brown in color.
- When they turn golden take them off By using a strainer.
- Add them directly in hot sugar syrup.
- Now Enjoy soft Gulab jamun after 5 hours of soaking.
- Measure the dry ingredients correctly.
- If you are making it with milk powder just grease your fingers then make balls.
- While frying oil should not be too hot or cold.
- Make sure your Gulab Jamuns are nicely roll otherwise your Gulab Jamun would be burst while frying.
- You can store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a month.
- Dip your finger and check with your thumb syrup should be slightly sticky.
- While frying they will be increased in size so provide them Enough space in the pan.
- After two minutes of frying reduce the flame to low and fry until brown.