Litti dish with step by step pictures– a rustic and also standard recipe of packed entire wheat dough rounds, where the padding is a spiced mix of baked gram flour or sattu. this dish originates from bihar as well as jharkand region in India.
Methods Of Litti
We can prepare it with various methods:
1. Cooking in oven: I have actually described the baking method in this message.
2. Toasting on tawa: just flatten the littis as well as roast them on a warm tawa on a low fire. Prepare them till you see charred spots on them.
3. Deep frying in oil: you can form the littis like kachoris and then deep fry them in oil. However do make sure to seal them properly.
4. Grilling on tandoor: grill littis on tandoor till they are prepared as well as somewhat charred.
litti recipe|how to make bihari litti|baati with detailed picture as well as video dish. a typical complete meal from the state of bihar made with wheat flour as well as tomato curry. it is a healthy and balanced round formed dish made in a typical stove and served with tons ghee and also option of chokka curry. the appearance as well as appearance are very similar to the prominent
My Experience about Litti Chokha
I have always been a massive follower of traditional recipes as well as i have huge respect for it. my very first encounter with litti chokha recipe was throughout my university days and also it was sold as road food in my hometown. it prevailed throughout all north indian street vendors, however i had never ever attempted as i was constantly hectic with sev puri, dahi puri and also pani puri. yet after i relocated to australia, i had this as a dish with among our family buddy and since then it has become my personal favourite. having claimed that, i directly really feel, it is a troublesome procedure if you are not familiar with the recipe. however absolutely a healthy and also loading food for your lunch and also supper.
In addition, i wish to include some easy pointers and suggestions for suitable litti chokha recipe. firstly, i have baked these litti in appe frying pan which makes it simple to bake with. yet you can use a cooker or charcoal based outdoor grill or even a typical oven. secondly, in this message, i have shared the tomato-based chokka and also it is an excellent combination for this dish. yet you can make aloo chokka or perhaps eggplant/ baingan chokka also.
finally, do not be overwhelmed with the quantity of ghee made use of as a covering for this recipe. it is a should for this recipe which conveniently gels with the completely dry litti and spicy chokka recipe.Litti Chokha is a conventional meal consumed primarily in Bihar as well as Jharkhad. One can have for lunch, supper or you can make it on your holidays and you will certainly like it. Litti resembles Bati in look however there is a little difference. The Pitthi(stuffing) to be filled in it is made with Sattu. We can additionally prepare Mixed Veg Chokha. So let us begin the preparation for Litti.
Some facts about Litti:-
Absolutely Litti is very healthy if we talk about its stuffing Sattu, Sattu has a very high nutrition value. However, selecting Oil for fry plays a vital role on it’s nutrition value.
Basically Bati is a dough rolled into small balls however Litti is a dough ball of stuffed Sattu.
Litti Chokha is a famous food of Bihar. It has a very high nutrition value and good for health.
Recipe You May Like:-
How To Make Litti | Fried Litti RecipeCourse: Main Course, Tea Time SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Mostly people love roasted litti chokha however we have also people who love to enjoy fried litti which is very easy prepare. Let’s start fried litti chokha recipe.
2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp salt
2 tbsp oil
Water as required
1 cup sattu
1/2 tbsp carom seeds
1 tbsp kalongi
1 tbsp or as per taste salt
6-7 finely chopped Garlic
1 tbsp chopped Ginger
3-4 finely chopped green chilli
1 medium size finally chopped Onion
2 tsbp mustard oil
1 tbsp pickle masala
1 tbsp lemon juice
Mustard Oil for deep frying
- Take 2 cup whole wheat flour in a bowl, add salt and also add 2-3 tbsp oil in a mixing bowl.
- Now add water and knead a soft dough.
- Take a cup of sattu in a mixing bowl add slightly crushed carom seeds and kalongi and salt.
- Now add garlic, ginger chilli and onion.
- Now add oil ,pickle masala and lemon juice and mix it well.
- Take a atta dough and make a small ball.
- Place 2-3 tbsp of the stuffing in the center.
- Pleat and join the edges.
- Prepare all stuffed litties this same way. Place them on a tray.
- Heat the oil and drop the stuffed balls in oil.
- Deep fry them on medium flame both sides of liiti should be golden brown in colour.
- Litties are ready to be served.