Moradabadi moong dal is a very famous breakfast from the city of Moradabad. This Dal is very healthy and has rich nutrients. Moradabad is famous for things one is brass and second is Moong Dal. You can find roadside stalls selling this Dal every morning. It’s a very popular street food of Moradabad served with hot crispy Jalebis especially in the morning.
This thick spicy Moradabadi Dal is topped with crushed Papdi, Butter, Sweet Spicy Chutney, Cumin seeds. It’s quite easy to make it at home with very common ingredients which can be easily available at home. Cook this dal in the pressure cooker for mashed consistency then add all the spices and garnish.
Basically, we are from Moradabad and in childhood, we used to have this Dal we have a lot of memories with this Dal. In Moradabad, this is the famous breakfast. In Moradabad, there’s a place Mandi Chowk where you can find this amazing Dal along with Jalebi. One more combination you can find there is Dahi + Jalebi. People also love this combination. So next time if you’re visiting Moradabad don’t forget to enjoy this delicious combination. Here you can also find more breakfast recipes.
Black salt enhances the taste of Dal and a lot of more interesting ingredients like fried whole red chili, Papdi, Green Chutney that is loved by many. The beauty of any chaat is that you can customize it according to your taste.
Moong daal is easily digestible and light for the stomach and also very healthy and nutritious. Let’s talk about its nutritional value in 100 Gram you’ll get 24g of Protein and in one bowl of Dal you may get only 104 Calories. This Dal is also carrying a good amount of Magnesium, Potassium, copper, and iron which is good for health.
Special Moradabadi Famous Dal RecipeCourse: BreakfastCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Everyday this is the part of our breakfast. Basically we are from Moradabad and sharing this amazing delicious Moradabadi Dal Recipe. Hope you’like it too.
1 cup Moong Dal
2 cup water
Salt as per Taste
1 pinch asafoetida
2 Spoon Butter
1 Tbsp sweet and sour Tamarind chutney
1 Tbsp coriander chutney
1 Tbsp Red Chili Powder
Black salt as per Taste
½ Tbsp Garam Masala
½ Tbsp Roasted Cumin Seeds
1 Roasted Crushed chili (whole Red chili)
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Wash Moong Dal a couple of times in running water and Soak moong daal in water for 20-30 minutes.
- Pressure cook Moong Dal with just enough water to cover Dal, Add salt as needed and 1 pinch of asafoetida close the lid And wait for 3-4 whistles.
- Open the Cooker and mashed Dal well.
- Add Butter as needed pour hot Dal in the bowl Now Crush Papdi on Dal, Tamarind chutney, Coriander chutney, Red Chilli powder, Lemon juice, Black salt, Garam masala, Roasted Cumin seeds, Crushed roasted chili top it with butter Serve immediately
- They go very well with hot Jalebis.
- In a pan with 1-2 Tbsp of oil or ghee roast the whole Red Chili over direct flame. keep aside for topping.